My goal is to make home staging a genuinely affordable option for homeowners in every stage of life.
I started this company by accident...a car accident + a flip = Elephant in the Room....Really.
Hi, I'm Angela Arnold, owner of Elephant in the Room Home Staging & Redesign.
I began swinging a sledgehammer & staging homes in 2007 as part of the family business of real estate investing. Every time we would prepare to place a newly renovated property on the market we would hit an economic brick wall when it came to staging options. So, I began building my own inventory arsenal.
In 2012 I was rear-ended by a 69-year-old woman on her cell phone that was so distracted she didn’t even slow down. That's right, no sound of screeching brakes just a really big crunch followed by a 3-year rehab period.
Toward the end of that rehab period, I was finishing a flip I co-owned with my brother. I was also figuring out my new life, since rehab was a full time job. I was at a crossroads. Literally.
Our investment property had been on the market for 6 months without any interest or offers. At that time, I was still in rehab and wasn't in a position to stage the home as we generally did prior to listing.
In January 2015 I staged our flip and it sold within 24 hours.
This year I beat that record when a home we staged for a client sold in 5 hours and for $6,100 over the asking price.
I’m incredibly grateful for my Dad & Brother who started their real estate investment business. Without them, and a good realtor, I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to choose another path after my first one ended.
So what makes Elephant in the Room unique?
My background combines a solid career in advertising & marketing with the family business of real estate investing.
As a result, I'm able to capitalize on my understanding of the real estate industry, the psychology and buying habits of buyers as well as target marketing to maximize the equity in a property while minimizing the investment to achieve that goal.
I work with realtors, homeowners, real estate investors as well as builders.
I look forward to working with you!
Credentials | National Achievements
- Certified Staging Professional® (CSP)
- Trained under Cathy Hobbs of HGTV's Design Star
- RESA-PRO® member of the Real Estate Staging Association, the national trade organization for staging professionals. The RESA-PRO® designation is regulated by the national board and requires those who hold the designation to pass an ethics exam as well as adhere to the national code of ethics. RESA-PRO® members are also required to provide proof of business license, insurance and business financials.
- Certified in Residential Renovation Project Management.
- In 2017, launched House Trained - Home Staging Workshop for Realtors at David Weekley Homes Indianapolis with all proceeds benefiting Happy Labs - Labrador Retriever rescue.
- Launched the Indianapolis chapter of RESA (Real Estate Staging Association) in 2017.
- Elected President of the Indianapolis Chapter of RESA.
- Featured on the national real estate website, REDFIN, as a home staging expert representing Indiana for REDFIN's article “37 Home Staging Experts Share the Secrets To Appeal To Buyers in Your City”.
- Thoughts, Musings & Home Improvement (my blog) was named by RSS Reader, Feedspot, one of the Top 100 Home Staging Blogs in the Universe. Which is funny because it’s not about home staging at all, but still a great honor to be on the same list as industry greats like Audra Slinkey (HSR), Barb Schwarz (ASP) and the woman I received my designation from - Christine Rae (CSP).
- Named 2018 Top 100 Most Influential in the Real Estate Staging Industry. Again, a huge honor to be in the same group as industry greats, such as the ones listed directly above, who created the certification programs for the different staging designations.
- Named to the national "Sold Over List Price" club. This is a cumulative club where members track the list price and sold price of our staged homes and submit official MIBOR listing for verification to RESA HQ when they sell over list price.
- Partnered with 46 & Spruce, a national home and garden decor company located in Indiana, to showcase their beautiful decor in unique ways in the homes we stage.